Terms and Conditions
2. Registration; Customer Accounts; Use of Site. Certain services offered on or through the Site require you to first open a customer account (“My Account”). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your My Account information, including your password, and for all activity that occurs under your My Account. You agree to notify Buy.com immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password, or of any other breach of security. You may be held liable for losses incurred by Buy.com or by any other user of the Site due to someone else using your password or customer account. You may not use anyone else’s password or customer account at any time. You may not gain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site. Should you attempt to do so, or should you assist others in making such attempts, or distributing instructions, software or tools for that purpose, then your customer My Account will be terminated. You agree to provide us with accurate, current and complete information about yourself and your billing information as prompted by the registration process. You may update any of your My Account information, designate a different credit card to be billed, or change the applicable expiration date on your currently designated credit card, by clicking on the My Account button and selecting the appropriate link. You may not use any automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy, probe, test or monitor any portion of the Site or of any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or of any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Site. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load (as determined by shadesmasters.com in its sole discretion) on the infrastructure of the Site or on any of the systems or networks comprising or connected to the Site.
While shadesmasters.com takes reasonable steps to safeguard and to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and we make no warranty, express, implied, or otherwise, that we will prevent unauthorized access to your private information. IN NO EVENT SHALL SHADESMASTERS.COM OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (WHETHER CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, A THIRD PARTY’S UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT OR OTHER THEORIES OF LIABILITY, AND ALSO REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SHADESMASTERS.COM WAS GIVEN ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE NOTICE THAT DAMAGES WERE POSSIBLE.
4. Consent To Our Communication With You By E-Mail. By establishing a My Account with us, and each time you make a purchase through our Site, you grant permission for shadesmasters.com to contact you at your e-mail address. To stop receiving our marketing emails, send an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the opt-out procedures set forth in such marketing emails.
5. Conditions of Sale and Payment Terms. To purchase any goods and/or services on our Site, you must (a) be at least eighteen (18) years of age or the applicable state age of majority, (b) be a natural person (no corporations, partnerships or other legal entities), and (c) be a resident in the 50 states of the United States of America or the District of Columbia, exclusive of its commonwealths, territories and possessions (“United States”). Prior to the purchase of any goods or services on our Site, you must provide us with a valid credit card number and associated payment information including all of the following: (i) your name as it appears on the card, (ii) your credit card number, (iii) the credit card type, (iv) the date of expiration and (v) any activation numbers or codes needed to charge your card. By submitting that information to us, you hereby agree that you authorize us to charge your card at our convenience but within thirty (30) days of credit card authorization. All sales of products and services are final. All charges from those sales are nonrefundable.
7. Order Acceptance Policy. Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. shadesmasters.com reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. shadesmasters.com further reserves the right any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item. Your order will be deemed accepted by shadesmasters.com upon shipment of products or performance of services that you have ordered, or upon the completion of the license and delivery of a Digital Download, as indicated by our servers. Title to goods and all risk of loss passes to you upon delivery to the common carrier. All orders placed with a total order amount over $1000.00 (U.S.) must obtain pre-approval with an acceptable method of payment, as established by our credit and fraud avoidance department. We may require additional verifications or information before accepting any order. shadesmasters.com is a reseller to end users and does not accept orders from resellers, exporters, wholesalers, any businesses of any kind for commercial resale or any other customers who intend to resell.
8. Importing Products. Some of the products offered on the shadesmasters.com site must be imported from Japan. If you order products that must be shipped from Japan, then you should understand that your order may take longer to arrive. More importantly, your purchase of products to be imported may impose legal responsibilities and obligations upon you. If you order products to be imported from Japan, then by that order you agree that you are responsible to make sure (1) that the product can lawfully enter the destination country; and (2) that you comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country. When you receive an international shipment of imported products, you may be required to pay import taxes, customs duties and/or fees. If there are any additional charges for those taxes, duties or fees, or for customs clearance then you are responsible to pay them. shadesmasters.com does not control the amount or timing of any taxes, duties or fees. Those are set by the destination country and we cannot estimate what those costs might be for any particular product or destination. We recommend that you contact your local customs officials with any questions or if you need more information.
9. No Responsibility To Sell Mispriced Products Or Services. shadesmasters.com shall have the right to refuse, reduce or cancel any orders placed for products and/or services listed at an incorrect price, rebate or refund, or containing any other incorrect information or typographical errors. shadesmasters.com shall have the right to refuse, reduce or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and whether or not your credit card has been charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, then shadesmasters.com shall issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.
10. Modifications to Prices or Billing Terms. SHADESMASTERS.COM RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ANY TIME, TO CHANGE ITS PRICES AND BILLING METHODS FOR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING ON THE SITE OR UPON E-MAIL TRANSMITTAL TO YOU.
11. Price Comparisons, “List Price” and “You Save”. Price comparisons may be made throughout the site to indicate the relative savings amounts of our pricing. “LIST PRICE” is the suggested retail price provided to us by our suppliers. We make no representation that a substantial number of these products have been sold or offered for sale at the list price. Actual retail prices in your area may be substantially different. Because we sell our merchandise over the internet on a national basis, it is not possible to know if our merchandise is sold at list price in any particular location or at any particular time. “YOU SAVE” reflects the difference between our price and the supplier provided list price shown on our sites. Because the list price may be different than the actual retail prices in your area, you may not actually realize a savings of this amount and you may want to make an exact comparison for yourself by checking the prices of other internet or local retailers prior to making a purchase.
12. Warranty, Technical Service and Support for Goods Sold. All requests for warranty claims, technical service or support should be made directly to the manufacturer in accordance with their terms and conditions.
14. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SITE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, CONTENT, DIGITAL DOWNLOADS, SOFTWARE, ARTWORK, DATA, AND INFORMATION ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” ALL OF SHADESMASTERS.COM’S PHYSICAL PRODUCTS ARE GUARANTEED AGAINST MATERIAL DEFECTS FOR FOURTEEN (14) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF INVOICE. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN, SHADESMASTERS.COM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO ANY MATTER WHATSOEVER RELATING TO OR REFERENCED BY THE SHADESMASTERS.COM SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR QUALITY OF DATA AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SUITABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, LACK OF VIRUSES OR CORRESPONDENCE TO DESCRIPTION.
16. Policy to Terminate Privileges for Copyright Infringement. Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. ??512 as amended by Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “Act”), shadesmasters.com will terminate the account of any customer, or vendor who uses his or her privileges to unlawfully transmit copyrighted material without a license, valid defense or fair use privilege to do so. After proper notification by the copyright holder or its agent to shadesmasters.com and later confirmation through court order or an admission by the customer that an account has been an instrument of unlawful infringement, shadesmasters.com will terminate the infringing customer’s account. shadesmasters.com may also in its sole discretion decide to terminate a customer’s account privileges prior to that time if it has a good faith belief that such unlawful infringement has in fact occurred. In addition, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. ?? 512(c), shadesmasters.com has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed infringements and for processing such claims in accordance with the Act. shadesmasters.com respects the intellectual property of others and we ask other to do the same.
Last modified: April 03, 2015